November 22, 2013
Following Pentaho’s success this summer in winning the Red Herring North America competition, which recognizes the most promising private technology companies, Pentaho was invited to participate in this week’s Red Herring 2013 Top 100 Global event and award competition. And we’re pleased to announce that Pentaho won!
We’re honored to be recognized as a Red Herring 2013 Global Top 100 company!
Red Herring Global culminates a full year of work scouring the globe by the Red Herring editorial team and venture capitalists reviewing thousands of privately held companies in regional competitions around the world. The world’s top technology companies are selected based on financial performance, technology innovation and a variety of other metrics that have made the Red Herring Global 100 a mark of distinction for identifying the most promising private companies and entrepreneurs.
Pentaho was joined by a list of impressive company finalists for the Global 100 competition including Pentaho customers Spreadshirt GmbH and Active Broadband Networks (both ended up on the top 100 list as well – our heartfelt congratulations go out to these innovators!). Top private companies from the Red Herring’s Regional competitions in Europe, North America and Asia flew to the Red Herring Global forum in Los Angeles for the final competition on November 19 and 20.
Pentaho CEO, Quentin Gallivan, was asked to present at the forum, where he shared our point of view about how the big data and analytics markets are transforming, particularly with the need to easily blend big data with other data sources for better business insights. Quentin provided insights from our customer front lines about how Pentaho’s Big Data pilot projects are transitioning into widespread deployments with real business impact—with the most powerful insights coming from blending relational and big data sources.
The Red Herring Global forum concluded with an awards gala, where the 2013 Red Herring Global 100 companies were announced.
This is great validation for Pentaho, as well as our customers, partners and community. Together we’re driving the future of analytics, and the Global 100 award provides a very solid foundation to build upon as we push the boundaries of Analytics with Storm, YARN, and predictive analytics in 2014.
Chief Marketing Officer
July 11, 2013
Pentaho and its customers have been honored with a bevy of awards over the past few months, and I thought I’d share them here. We’re grateful to be recognized so widely as a leader in big data and software development.
Here’s a synopsis of the awards Pentaho has won in the past three months alone.
- Red Herring 100 – Red Herring identified Pentaho as one of the 100 most promising private technology start-ups in North America for 2013. According to Red Herring, companies are judged based on “financial performance, technology innovation, quality of management, execution of strategy, and integration into their respective industries.”
- CRN 2013 Big Data 100: Pentaho was named to CRN’s inaugural Big Data 100 list, which identifies “vendors that have demonstrated an ability to innovate in bringing to market products and technologies that help businesses manage big data.”
- SD Times 100: ‘Best in Show’ in Software Development: This annual award recognizes top leaders and innovators in the software- development industry. Pentaho was included in the new Big Data and BI category, which names vendors the editors believe have “tackled the giant data problem with aplomb.”
- 2013 SIIA Software CODiE Award Finalist for Best Big Data Solution: This award recognizes the vendors that best enable the “capture, analysis, and mining of large data sets.” Pentaho was the only full data integration and analytics provider among the five finalists.
- IE Big Data Innovation Award Winner 2013: Pentaho won in the Big Data Technology Provider Category, and accepted the award at the Big Data Innovation Summit In San Francisco. The award is designed to recognize “organizations that have pioneered Big Data initiatives that have or will have an overall positive impact within the Big Data community.”
- Database Trends and Applications DBTA 100: This inaugural award recognizes “the companies that matter most in data.”
Several of our customers were also honored for their creative deployment of Pentaho’s software to provide business solutions.
- Apparel Magazine 2013 Top Innovator (Modcloth): Modcloth, an e-commerce retailer, was recognized as a “Top Innovator” for its Pentaho deployment. Modcloth “wanted to transition away from creating reports in Excel and migrate to a more robust platform with richer features,” Jessica Binns wrote in Apparel Magazine. “Pentaho’s reporting software is helping ModCloth to improve the speed and quality of the decisions it makes, [and] get a closer look at customer trends by collecting social media data such as loves, shares and reviews.”
- Nucleus Research 2013 ROI Awards (STRATO): This award recognizes companies that have made the “best technology deployments.” STRATO, a storage and web hosting company, received the award for its use of Pentaho, which generated a 392% return on investment. According to Nucleus Research, using Pentaho helped STRATO to lower hardware and software costs, increase manager and employee productivity, put off capital investments, and increase revenue.
- IT Europa’s Government Solution of the Year Finalist (BNova for Italy’s Chamber of Commerce): BNova, an Italian consulting firm, was recognized for a highly innovative application it designed based on Pentaho’s platform. The application will help Italy’s chambers of commerce to forecast economic trends and provide better local support to businesses.
- Campus Technology Innovators Award 2013: Each year, the Campus Technology Innovators Awards recognize exemplary colleges and universities, their visionary technology project leadership, and their innovative technology vendor partners that have taken technology to extraordinary new heights to meet today’s challenges on campus. Marist College in Poughkeepsie, NY was selected for their Open Academic Analytics Initiative using Pentaho.
It means a lot to us that our work is being recognized by so many big names in the technology world, and across such a range of categories.
The customer awards are especially meaningful to our team. They prove that Pentaho’s analytics and data integration technology can transform businesses, while delivering high-value ROI. So, don’t be shy. If you’re happy to brag about how transformative big data/business analytics is for your company and customers, send us a note. We’re happy to work together, shining the spotlight on any novel deployments.
Director of Corporate Communications
March 1, 2013
In my first blog post for Pentaho, I would like to join our Italian channel partner BNova in a celebration. No, this is not about Italy’s recent elections (I don’t want to get involved in politics!) but a matter closer to my heart. On March 13, I will meet BNova’s Massimiliano Vitali and Serena Arrighi in London to take part in the IT Europa European IT and Software Excellence awards dinner in recognition for the ground-breaking work it did for its customer Infocamere. You can read more about the Infocamere story here.
This is a proud milestone in our partnership with BNova, which was one of our very first European channel partners. We worked with Bnova from day one, helping the company design its business strategy, marketing plan and train its people to sell and support Pentaho with confidence. BNova has built a thriving, profitable business whose revenue has tripled since its reseller agreement with Pentaho began in early 2009. All this has taken place against the backdrop of Italy and the Eurozone’s tough economic situation, proving that its services offer public and private sector companies excellent value for money.
Seize the day, or the year!
Our CEO Quentin Gallivan recently blogged that 2013 will be the year in which many companies go into production with big data analytics. Thanks to the groundwork we have done together, BNova, which has thrown its support behind big data is now in pole position profit from this trend, which is emerging in Italy. You can learn more about BNova’s customers and services at the Big Data Conference in Rome on March 12.
When channel partners succeed, everybody wins. We know that many of you have limited marketing resources so we’re here to help. If you have impressive customer stories like Infocamere, our team is on hand to help you promote and celebrate them by writing up case studies, press releases, co-hosting a webinar and completing award applications.
I hope that BNova’s story will inspire other channel partners to get the most out of their partnerships with Pentaho. If you’d like to learn more, please contact me on email@example.com.
Director Channel EMEA & APAC
September 18, 2012
At Pentaho we’re proud to be named a “hot” vendor in Ventana Research’s new 2012 Value Index for Data Integration. Inclusion in this category assures buyers that the Pentaho Business Analytics platform delivers optimal value, product maturity and superior customer support according to Ventana’s comprehensive evaluation of more than a dozen vendors.
For Pentaho, the research validates that to deliver the future of analytics you need tightly coupled data integration and business analytics. What makes heat grids and other powerful data visualizations in the Pentaho Business Analytics platform “hot” is the data integration behind them. According to Ventana’s Benchmark research, 55% of organizations identify data integration as a critical component of their information management strategies.
Don’t get me wrong, we love being recognized for the ‘brains behind our beauty‘ and the ‘substance behind our sizzle.’ An integrated platform with Data Integration and Business Analytics is the future of analytics…now that’s HOT.
Let us know what you think.
Director, Product Marketing
September 21, 2011
Woohoo! We are very excited and honored to add another InfoWorld Bossie Award to our trophy case. Pentaho was selected for the fourth consecutive year as one of the industry’s best open source applications. The only Business Intelligence company to have won this recognition, the award accredits the improvements in Pentaho BI 4 to data discovery and analytics that make it easy for users to quickly connect to, optimize and analyze their data in an intuitive visual environment.
The InfoWorld Bossie Awards recognize each year the best business-oriented open source software products. Additional information on the 2011 Bossie Award winners can be found at on the InfoWorld website.
We can’t wait to add this to our trophy case including recent employee awards of Sheetz IT VIP Award and CRN Magazines Top Women in the Channel Award.
August 24, 2011
We are always honored and excited when we win industry awards for our products and services. However, one award that we are excited to brag about is being named the 2011 Sheetz IT VIP Award Winner!
Sheetz, a $4.9 billion convenience store retailer, has been a Pentaho customer since 2009. To help ramp up and aid in deployment, Sheetz engaged Pentaho Consulting for a long-term engagement. Throughout the past year, Pentaho Consultant, Rodrigo Haces (pictured above on the far right), was a dedicated resource to Sheetz and helped several IT Developers and Data Stewards become experts with Pentaho tools. As a testament to Pentaho’s top-tier consulting services, Pentaho was named as a 2011 Sheetz IT VIP Award Winner.
Pentaho BI helps our customers succeed by making better decisions that impact their bottom line. Sheetz has hundreds of vendors that they work with to manage their 390 stores and 13,500 employees. It means so much to us be recognized as an IT VIP for our positive impact on their company.
Congratulations Rodrigo Haces and Pentaho Services.
We look forward to adding this award to our trophy case.
Learn more about Sheetz success with Pentaho
July 28, 2011
In 2010 the Pentaho EMEA channel revenue grew by 285%, the number of EMEA partners doubled and we held 114 events with EMEA Partners. Wow! You may be asking yourself, ‘How is it possible to experience such growth and find time to hold 100+ events?’ Two answers: first, this growth is a result of our hard working EMEA partners creating success with their impressive customers such as: BNOVA (Infocamere, Coopservice); PortaBI (Telefonica, Banco Santandar), Conduct (Aspiro Music, TV2), Millersoft (Air Menzies, Regenesis, Badoo), Linalis (Swissport). The second reason for success is the backbone of the EMEA Channels team, Pentaho EMEA Channels account manager, Sharmila Wijeyakumar (known to her friends as Sam).
Pentaho is very proud to announce that Sharmila was named one of the Top Women of the Channel by Everything Channel’s CRN Magazine. Reading her section below from the award, you can easily understand why she received this award.
The Top Women of the Channel is an annual list recognizing female executives for their accomplishments over the past year, based on their achievements as executives and the amount of influence they wield over the technology channel. This year’s Women of the Channel were chosen by the editors of CRN Magazine from a field of vendor channel organizations, distributors and solution providers.
Currently Sharmila is working to enable partners and grow the channel presence in the UK, Benelux and DACH regions. She is also actively recruiting partners in these regions and France. If you are interested to grow your business based on Pentaho and be part the driving force of success behind the EMEA channel program, contact Sharmila.
Want to wish Sharmila congratulations? Leave a comment here.
Sharmila’s profile from Everything Channel CRN Magazine Top Women in Channel. See all the winners here.