Pentaho’s Matt Casters, Chief Architect, Pentaho Data Integration and Kettle Project Founder was featured last week on DM Radio on their radio broadcast titled: On the Move: Why ETL is Here to Stay.
Listen to Matt’s interview with Hosts Eric Kavanagh and Jim Ericson along with panelist Nimitt Desai of Deloitte, Geoff Malafsky of Phasic Systems and Josh Rogers of Syncsort.
Starting at 13:33 Listen to Matt talk about:
- How Big data and ETL intersect and what that means
- Points to keep in mind when starting to working and accessing data in and out of Hadoop
- How to keep track of changing technologies and architectures
- Why its important to not just do data integration for data integration sake
- Why there’s a lack of best practices
- What Matt’s seeing: need for high level of metadata and modeled ETL generation
Access both Matt’s segment and the full podcast here: http://www.information-management.com/dmradio//-10022068-1.html