The month of November was very exciting as we announced a new product suite along with General Availability of three products. We add five new customer success stories including one industry award for customer success and three customer webcast. To top it off, we surpassed 150,000 installations of Pentaho year-to-date – you can learn more about this analysis (using Pentaho BI) on our blog. Read on for a quick recap of our busy November.
In November, Pentaho announced the availability of the Pentaho Enterprise Data Services Suite. This new data services platform is designed to streamline and simplify the complicated and costly process of accessing, integrating and preparing data for analysis. Or, as our CEO Richard Daley explains new platform in his blog, ‘Sex & Sizzle – not without plumbing’.
The release of Pentaho Enterprise Data Services Suite is in conjunction with the general availability of:
- Pentaho Data Integration 4.1 GA
- Pentaho BI Suite 3.7 GA
- Pentaho for Hadoop GA
New Customer Successes
- Congrats to StoneGate Senior Care for winning the Ventana Research 2010 Leadership Award for overall operational analytics and performance
- Online Buddies uses Open Source BI to improve reporting and grow their business – watch the webcast
- Marketo goes to market quickly with Pentaho – watch the webcast
- London Oncology uses Pentaho to make critical decisions about medical patient care and financial aspects of their business – watch the webcast
- Cognitive Match, online behavior targeting experts strike new markets with Pentaho
- BizIntel, leading Nordic solutions provider brewed up SaaS BI product, ‘BI-on-Tap’ with Pentaho
- Chilean Superintendencia de Pensiones and Winterfoods share their success at the event Pentaho in Uruguay held by Pentaho partner, Cognus
Published in November is an in-depth technology audit of Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition by leading European analyst firm, Ovum. The first time such an in-depth, publicly available study has been attempted.
The Ovum Technology Audit White Paper is available for download by visiting http://www.pentaho.com/ovum_technology_audit/
In the News
Here are a few highlights of Pentaho in the news in November. To see more highlights, visit the Pentaho Digital News Room.
Business Intelligence: How to Get Agile
Information Week, Doug Henschen
Pentaho launches data analysis suite
Techworld, Maxwell Cooter
Pentaho Moving More Toward Innovation With Data Platform Information Management
Information Management, Justin Kern
50 Open Source Apps You Can Use in the Cloud
Internet.com, Cynthia Harvey
Sex & Sizzle – ah, but only after Business Intelligence plumbing
Computer Weekly, Adrian Bridgwater
Open Source Business Intelligence: What Are Your Options?
eCRMGuide.com, Drew Robb
Gunning for Your Business: NoSQL, Big Data Companies Targeting Enterprises
ITBusinessEdge, Loraine Lawson
We had some great online events in November. If you missed them, you are in luck and can watch them On-Demand.
- “Making Bigger Even Better: New Solutions for Big Data” featuring Claudia Imhoff
- Pentaho & The London Oncology Clinic invite you to join:
An Ovum Webinar – ‘Mission Critical BI with Open Source – Now a Feasible Option’
- Pentaho to announce its Latest Technology Advancements in Data Integration, Big Data and Enterprise Data Services
In addition, we posted the agenda including over 30 sessions for the Pentaho Global Partner Summit, January 19-20 in San Francisco, California. This is an ideal event for System Integrators and Resellers, as well as Software Providers with a need to embed business intelligence or data integration software into your products.
Already looking forward to the last recap of 2010!