Tim Tebow was selected in First Round of NFL Draft!
Why is this great? And why am I blogging about this?
- He is a University of Florida/Gator Graduate – and so am I
- He helped us win 2 NCAA National Championships in Football
- He won 1 Heisman and was nominated for two more
- Biggest reasons why this is great:
- He was ridiculed by all of the NFL scouts as not being a “NFL product”
- All of the major NFL “Analyst” predicted he would be picked in the 3rd round
- All of the major NFL “Analyst” said “he didn’t have it”
It sounds just like what Pentaho went thru in 2007-2009 with analysts, mega-vendor competitors, pundits, etc. – “we wouldn’t be anything” , “we couldn’t stand up to the big guys”, “we wouldn’t be around in a few years”, etc. Well, what are the analysts’ saying now? – “OSBI is Here to Stay”, “OSBI will Grow by 500% by 2012”, “OSBI is a 80% Better TCO”, “Pentaho Leads The Way in OSBI”, etc. What are the mega-vendors doing now? Giving away free reporting in a desperate attempt to compete with us, providing their sales teams with competitive ppts vs Pentaho, losing in bake-offs against us, upsetting their customer base by rising maintenance prices, buying “Pentaho” Google adwords – oh, how times have changed!
So, just like Tebow did in football, Pentaho continues proving its leadership position in the BI market.